Monday, September 8, 2014

Art Class: Collage


As a graphic design major, I spend a lot of time on the computer, so it's nice to have an art class where I get to use more traditional art materials. Our assignment was to create a collage self portrait and we spend a majority of the class creating collages using whatever we wanted: paints, markers, magazine cut-outs...


I chose to use mostly paint and created different textures using things like tissue paper, packing peanuts, plastic wrap. It was so much!


My professor showed us artwork by J.T. Burke. He makes collages using old jewelry. I think he scans the jewelry pieces and then uses those scans to create collage compositions. While the class was working on our collages, I thought of Alisa Burke's work, more specifically this post about what materials she uses when she paints.

I'm really looking forward to this class and creating more collages!


No comments :

Post a Comment