Wednesday, April 15, 2015

How I Plan Out My Blog Posts

I've been really into planning out my blog posts to help me stay organize and stay consistent with blogging, so I thought I'd share an update on how I keep up with my blogging calendar. Some people use plug-ins and maybe down the road I will too, but for now I use my regular paper planner. You may have seen my post a few weeks ago about how I organize my planner. I figured since I carry that thing around with me just about everywhere, it would make the most sense to include my blogging calendar in there.


I use the monthly spread in my calendar. (By the way, how cute is my minion mug!!) To plan out posts, I use a sticky note and write down the blog topic or title and then I place it on the day I'm going to post it (for me it's either a Monday or Wednesday). After I publish the post, I remove the sticky note and write the topic/title on the actual day it was posted and highlight it in blue.


Sometimes, I think of a blog post idea, but I don't have a particular day set for when I'm going to post it. In the back of my planner, I have a notes page that I made just for blog post ideas. Instead of writing on the page itself, I write the topic or title on the same kind of sticky note and stick it on that page. That way when I'm planning for future posts, I have some ideas in mind already and I can place those sticky notes on the day I'm going to post.

This is the system that works for me right now. I recently found this post by Chloe Social and loved how she planned out her blogging and social media schedule. I'm definitely going to incorporate some of her tips into my own blogging planner in the future.

How do you plan out your blog posts? Comment below and be sure to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out!


No comments :

Post a Comment