Thursday, June 11, 2015

Keep Your Head Up (Hand Lettering and Printable)

I've been getting into hand lettering recently and you know what they say: practice makes perfect. I started by figuring out a phrase or quote that I wanted to write and then sketched it out a couple times in my sketchbook using a regular pencil. When I liked the way I drew the letters, I took a photo with my iPhone and digitized it in Photoshop and Illustrator.

Here's what I came up with!


You can download it as a letter-sized printable as a PDF or JPEG if you want a copy for yourself.

Eventually, I'd like to get into using calligraphy pens and my watercolors. If you're interested in trying hand lettering for yourself, I found a bunch of inspiration and tutorials through Pinterest. You can also check out my fonts/typography/lettering Pinterest board here.

No comments :

Post a Comment