Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Komorebi: Typeface

Guys! I created my own typeface! And it was awesome!

For my Advanced Typography class, our final project was to create our own typeface. We started off sketching letters. And more letters. And more letters. And when you thought you were done, even more letters. Then, we brought those sketches into Illustrator where we used the pen tool trace over each letter sketch. Those letters were brought into FontLab Studio. In that program, we worked on kerning and finally exported the final typeface. I'm thinking of uploading mine to dafont or another typeface website. Any particular site you recommed?

For now though, here is the type sheet of my final typeface: Komorebi. You can check out more of the process on my Behance account.


No comments :

Post a Comment