Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Chicken Noodle Soup (Sick Day + Recipe)



I had this wonderful four day weekend and I spent it all on the couch sick. So it wasn't quite that wonderful in the end. On the upside, I finished watching Ghost Whisperer and started watching Once on Netflix. I now understand binge-watching on Netflix. I also got the opportunity to make homemade chicken noodle soup. (Sidenote: Do you guys remember that song chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side?).

My boyfriend was sick earlier in the week before I got sick and I told him I'd make him homemade chicken noodle soup. And he really liked it! He doesn't need to eat gluten free so for his soup I didn't use gluten free products, but for mine I did.

The recipe I used was this one from Picture Perfect Meals. I never really follow recipes to a tee, but I usually have one to guide me along the way. For instance, this recipe called for onions, but I'm not a big onion person so I didn't use any. For my soup, I didn't want chicken in it, so I added a little more of the vegetables and noodles to make up for it and I used a different kind of noodles as well.

Let me know if you try out this recipe and if you make any alterations of your own! Seriously it's so good!

No comments :

Post a Comment