Thursday, February 19, 2015

Get The Most Out Of Pinterest

It's ok, you can admit it. You stayed up until 1 or 2 in the morning on Pinterest pinning all those clothing posts and healthy recipes. We've all been there. But what happens after that? Usually nothing – those pins just stayed pinned. Those recipes never get cooked. That craft never gets made.

So check out your Pinterest boards. Is your board too broad? Let me give you an example...

I'm an art student so I pin a lot of art related things, but all I had was one board called art and design. I still have that board, but I created more boards – subtitles or subcategories if that makes more sense. I now have a fonts/typography/lettering board, a branding board and a photography/photo editing board. I keep the generic art and design for pins that may fall into different categories or for more fine art pieces.



Why does this matter? Because I can find things so much easier now. If I'm working on a project and need fonts, I can just go to my font board. If I'm searching for new photo editing techniques, I go to that board.

It may take some time to re-organize your boards. Trust me though, it's totally worth it. Next up for me is my food board. I think I'm going to break it down into desserts, snacks, meals and gluten free food (in case you are wondering I am gluten free).

No comments :

Post a Comment