Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Keeping Up With Goals and Resolutions

Now that it's officially February the excitement of the new year may have worn off. That said, the excitement of our New Years resolutions may have worn off too. To be honest, I didn't really make any specific New Years resolutions and that was probably the best thing I ever did because I feel like I've accomplished a lot more this year than past years when I've made a full out New Years goal.

And I think that's because I didn't make one overly large (AKA extremely scary and overwhelming) goal. Instead, I broke it down into littler goals that will help me achieve my overall goal.

Take this blog for instance. I knew I wanted to dedicate more time to it. Instead of just making that my goal, I started by making it a goal to put up one blog post a week for the month of January. This month I want to increase that to two blog posts a week by incorporating Melyssa's Weekly Wishes into the mix. (You can see my first Weekly Wishes here.)

I wanted to get healthier – not lose a certain amount of weight or anything, just get healthier, get active, get moving. Alright, what smaller goal can I achieve to get to that big goal? One of my Christmas gifts was a 10-class pass to a yoga studio. That pass makes me want to schedule in time for a yoga class.

Let's make the most of 2015 and accomplish our goals. They are never too big or too small and you can do this! Hope this was helpful! Comment below if you have any questions or want to share your goals/how you keep up with them.

No comments :

Post a Comment